Thursday, April 5, 2012

Project 1: Shape Potential

The potential shape project is were each member of the class drew a shape from a hat, and from that one shape each student was to create ten different ideas/characters/items that had a similar shape. Below are the ten final ideas I choose. I'm glad of the ideas I came up with, other ideas I had felt too similar with what I had done before or they felt to out of place with this shape.
These were the first batch that I created with may shape. The two on the bottom were my first initial thoughts when I picked up the shape. The two on the top came to my mind when I was thinking back to the two previouse assignments we had in class.

 The tent came to me when I was turning the shape around and thinking about it at different angles. The unicorn idea came to me while I was working on the pengiun from before.

The speech bubble was an Idea I had while thinking about how I tend to draw anime style characters and I decided to inplament it in this project. The shark was another initial idea I had when I first started truning the shape around in my hands.

After working in the shape I started thinking of ideas that revolved around it instead, and that eventually led to the frst concept of a crack in the street shown above. The fist one of these also spurred the idea of the seccond due to the angle.

No comments:

Post a Comment